Home Inspection Cost Calculator
Use my Home Inspection Cost Calculator. A home inspection is an important step in buying or selling property. While there can be surprises with some home inspection reports, the price of the home inspection shouldn’t be one of them. We strongly encourage clients to choose a home inspector based on results and style.
After You Use The Home Inspection Cost Calculator,
Why Should You Hire Me?
- Thorough, Friendly Inspections. We find more than most other inspectors, we are there longer and we go more places. You’d be surprised how many home inspectors don’t get on the roof.
- 20+ Years of Commercial and Residential Build, Design, and Remodel Construction Experience.
- Building Code Certified Residential Combination Inspector. Less than 5% of licensed home inspectors are code certified. Less than 50 Inspectors hold this top certification in Houston.
- Simple up-front pricing based on your needs and concerns.
- Friendly people who answer the phone and return calls promptly
Factors that influence the inspection cost:
Home Inspections are a specialty type of consulting. Pricing is based on the time it takes to inspect a property. We provide a flat rate price based on the estimated time.
Based on our experience we know the following factors contribute to needing more time for a thorough, friendly home inspection.
- Size of the home
- Age of the home
- Type of home foundation (crawlspace vs slab on grade)
- Additional living units (duplex, triplex, garage apartments)
Why you shouldn't shop based on price....
The role of a home inspector is to document the condition of the home and it’s systems at the time of the inspection. It takes time to test every outlet, each appliance, the HVAC system, the doors, roof, and plumbing systems.
The only constant in the inspection business is that the longer someone spends, the more they are going to find. City inspectors are there for 5 to 10 minutes most of the time. New home builders have inspectors too, they spend about 30 minutes at most homes. Home inspectors are there for 2.5 to 5 hours on average and find more because we have time to look at more.
I strongly recommend looking at sample reports and reviews. Find an inspector who will take the time to talk to you about the home, during the inspection and after. Who will answer your inspection related questions and concerns without being in a rush to get to their 2nd, or 3rd budget priced inspection of the day.