Pool and Spa Inspection
A pool, spa, or water feature can be a relaxing oasis to escape to, entertain friends, or just relax with the family. It can also be a maintenance nightmare with leaks, equipment failures, water chemistry, or safety dangers.
It’s important to get your home inspected and this extends to the pool, spa, hot tub, or water fall. The inspection should be thorough and unbiased. The inspector should have no agenda, hidden or otherwise to sell you services, parts, or equipment for your pool or spa.
Some of the things that we look at are:
- Water intake safety. Entrapment or worse can be a real danger with older pools. We’ll evaluate the drain configuration and let you know what we find.
- Electrical. Everyone knows water and electricity don’t mix. We’ll visually check that the pool has the proper grounding and GFCI protection. This extends to receptacles and wires near the pool. A very small amount of electricity can injure or kill someone when water is involved. Note, we are not able to dig up or otherwise check things that we can’t see with regards to grounding.
- Leaks. Every pool has them. It’s just a question of how bad and where. We check the most common places as part of the pool and spa inspection. It is possible to use a pipe inspection camera to check skimmer, drain, and return lines,. This is more involved but can be helpful for finding and locating cracked fittings and lines. If you are interested in this please contact the office.
- Heaters. A pool heater extends your fun time in to the Spring and Fall. A large enough heater can make your pool magical in the Winter as well. We’ll check your pool heater and let you know if there are maintenance issues like leaks, rust, gas connection issues, or ventilation issues that can shorten the life of the heater.
- Filters. While we don’t take them apart, we will evaluate the filter for leaks, cracks, and plumbing best practices.
- Chlorinator systems. Whether you have a salt water or tablet chlorination system we’ll check it. Chlorine is what keeps the germs and algae out of the water.
- Access Safety – we’ll check for and advise you of any issues with pool access safety systems including gates, doors, and fences.