Thermography is also called Infrared Photography. I don’t charge extra for using this tool. It’s a great tool for seeing where heat is, or is not. I like to use it on electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems as it can help me see leaks or issues that might not otherwise be visible. It is not X-Ray vision though and it’s very important that the conditions be right when using it.
Here are some of the uses:
– Finding Air Leaks in ductwork and HVAC systems
– Identifying areas of insulation that are not performing as expected due to wet, missing, or insufficient insulation.
– Finding water leaks in walls, showers, pipes, and roofs.
– Visually checking that pipes are draining properly.
– Identifying areas of moisture penetration in flat and sloped roofing.